• 8,600 acres burned
• 10% contained
• Damage assessment in progress – initial estimate of 80 homes have been damaged or destroyed
• Approximately 12,204 properties evacuated (mandatory evacuation orders); affects approx. 30,500 people
• More than 11,524 properties under evacuation warning; approx. 29,000 people affected
• Residences threatened – 3,500; commercial properties threatened – 100
• 3,455 personnel on scene: 428 engines, 78 crews
• 14 air tankers and 15 helicopters
• 11 firefighter injuries to date
• Cause under investigation: Tip line – 805-686-5074
• Air quality warning remains in effect
• Estimated costs to date $3.2 million
JESUSITA FIRE EVACUATIONS:
All previous mandatory evacuation order areas remain in effect and are expected to remain in place for the evening.
The mandatory evacuation area includes westbound State Street from Constance to La Cumbre, north on La Cumbre to La Colina Road, west on La Colina Road to Hwy 154, Hwy 154 south to Us 101, west on US 101 to Patterson, north on Patterson to San Jose Creek to Camino Cielo. All points north of US 101 boundary are under mandatory evacuation order. All areas north of Sycamore Canyon Road and East Valley Road (Highway 192) between El Cielito Road and Gibraltar Road on the western boundary to Hot Springs Road north to East Camino Cielo on the eastern boundary.
The previous evacuation warning area also remains in effect and includes:
Alamar at de la Vina, west on Alamar to Junipero St, west on Junipero St to US 101, north on US 101 to upper State Street, east on State Street to De La Vina south to Alamar Street. Warnings also continue from State Street and De La Vina, De La Vina to Anapamu, Anapamu to Anacapa, Anacapa south to De la Guerra, De la Guerra to Milpas, Milpas south to Quinientos Street, Quinientos Street to Clifton Street to Eucalyptus Hill Road, Eucalyptus Hill Road to Barker Pass, Barker Pass to Hwy 192 (Sycamore Canyon Road), Hwy 192 (Sycamore Canyon Road) west to Stanwood Drive.
Includes the area of Milpas south to US 101, US 101 to San Ysidro Road, San Ysidro north to Camino Cielo.
From Alamar Ave. at State Street, south on Alamar Ave to US 101, US 101 west to the Hwy 154, 154 north to La Colina, La Colina east to La Cumbre, La Cumbre south to State Street, and State Street east to Alamar.
Samarkand area: De La Vina and Vernon, south on Vernon to Stanley, west on Stanley to Las Positas, south on Las Positas to US 101, west on US 101 to State Street/Hwy 154.
• Highway 154 is closed at US Highway 101
• Road Closure Hotline – 805-568-3006
Evacuation Shelter Location:
• Dos Pueblos High School (at capacity)
7266 Alameda Avenue, Goleta
• Multi-Activity Center
UC Santa Barbara at Mesa and Ocean Roads
Key Phone Numbers:
• County Jesusita Fire Call Center – 805-681-5197
• Evacuation Shelter (Red Cross) – 687-1331
• Animal Services Hotline – 805-681-4332
Everyone is advised to conserve water.
Public information kiosks have been set up at the following locations:
• Santa Barbara
o Paseo Nuevo (State and De La Guerra Streets)
o Loreto Plaza (State Street and Las Positas Road)
o Scolari’s Food Co. (222 North Milpas Street)
o Lazy Acres (302 Meigs Road)
o 1400 Block of East Valley Road (Lower Village), Montecito, CA
• Goleta – NEW!
o Starbucks @ Camino Real, 7030 Camino Real Marketplace, Goleta, CA 93117
Animal Shelter Locations:
• Large animals: Earl Warren Showgrounds, 3400 Calle Real – Santa Barbara
• Small animals: Call the Animal Services Hotline – 805-681-4332
• City of Santa Barbara website at www.SantaBarbaraCA.gov
• County of Santa Barbara website at www.CountyofSB.org.
• CityTV Channel 18
• County of Santa Barbara TV Channel 20
• KEYT-TV Channel 3
• FM: KCSB-91.9; KSYV-96.7; KTYD-99.9; KSBL-101.7; KRAZ-105.9
• AM: KTMS-990; KZSB-1290; KUHL-1410; KINF-1440
• Spanish language FM stations KSPE-94.5 and KIST-107.7