Of her next broadcast (Sunday, March 1), DJ Darla Bea writes:
“On this week’s edition of ‘Rock It Properly,’ a lesson in Musical Plagiarism and Sampling 101. Learn about copycat composers who were involved in major lawsuits.
Witness the evolution of new works from previously recorded elements. You’ll be ‘hearing double’ tonight from 8-10pm!”
Tune in for trivia!
- What Disco song inspired a Roller Skating Hip Hop phenomenon?
- Which former Beatles ‘hallelujah’-heavy track caused a big copyright-infringement suit
- Which Brazilian Artist was ripped off by Rod Stewart?
- What Grunge Band from Seattle was inspired by the ’80s?
- What Brit band from the ’90s stole a symphony?
- What band sampled themselves?
- Who did the Ghostbusters Bust for a Copycat sound?
- What Gods of Heavy Metal found their guitar riff being used?
Get ready to rock out!
“Rock It Properly” airs Sundays in the Winter from 8:00-10pm PST.